Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 20th...Anyone want a dog?

Let me start out by saying that after a lot of prayer and tons of self control, we have decided that Emmy can live stay.

At first it started out mild. A missing glove here, a toy there. Then it progressed to rocking chairs...

...and padded footstools...

...and then one day I didn't get the back door shut all of the way before I left for school. I don't have pictures (I was too upset), but Emmy opened the door and got in the house. She got one of Doyle's house shoes and hat, and my eyeglasses. She didn't hurt the shoe or hat really, but let me tell ya she must have been mad at me for something because she chewed up my glasses so bad that we couldn't even find all of the pieces.

A few days later, Doyle called me on my way home and told me that Emmy tore up the window screen on the front porch. Crap! Then...then next day he called me again and said that she had gotten the other six on the back deck. AUGH! What are we going to do with her? Send her to a therapist for separation anxiety?

I mean really...what did the screens ever do to her? They were really just baby screens after all. Not even a year old yet. They've only been up for a couple of months actually. They couldn't even defend themselves.
So, after much prayer and talk with Ty ("I don't want Emmy to go away forever..."), we decided to keep the loyal, loving, patient dog that lets Ty do flying jumps off of the couch onto her. We'd be pretty cruel not to. He loves that dog. And in a disgruntled sort of way, we do to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Home in the Woods

Our Home in the Woods